Monday, October 30, 2006

this is what lamewods do

So we have this assignment in freshman seminar. It's a journal entry, and we generally turn them in once a week. Normally they're stupid things like How have you changed since you have been in college? This week it was a free write. FREE WRITE. I suppose that means you can write about anything. So I wrote mine..formal-ish blog style. I'm just going to copy and paste it here as an update. Here it is. Enjoy.

"For some reason free writes are always so confusing to me. I’m free…to write…whatever? To me that just leaves so many possibilities I can’t choose what to write about because I enjoy writing so much. For this entry, however, I think I’m just going to write as if it was a blog. A blog is an online journal, and I have two of them which I write in frequently. So…here it goes.
My thoughts right now are that I am really stressed and I need to get things done, but at the same time I am getting this journal done with so really I am doing work and should be proud of myself. It is the ten page paper Nicola and I have due Wednesday night that is killing me inside. We have not really started but it’s alright. The paper is for our Pop Culture class and we are writing it together on women and body issues influenced by the media. There is a ton of information on that subject so we should be fine. Also, I can ramble like it’s my job so I think we should be able to get a good length on the paper if I am writing. Anyway, another thing that is stressing me out is Wednesday because we are getting back our map quizzes and exams in Dr. Moore’s class. I am very nervous about this even though I know I studied and should get decent grades; it’s just the anticipation of not knowing that is causing me terrible anxiety. I always get like this though and I should know better than to worry because things will always work themselves out but I can’t help but feel so nervous about every little thing going on in my life. I just finished making my calendar for November so that should help me stay organized in my schoolwork. Speaking of the calendar for November, we have Thanksgiving break coming up and I am ecstatic because my family and I are going back to Maryland and I am going to get to see all of my best friends who I have not seen since August so that will be a lot of fun and I cannot wait!
Something that is also on my mind right now is how much I miss my past. I don’t really miss every little thing but I do miss some things that would just be weird doing or obsessing over now, yet…I still am. I know I am eighteen now and I am supposed to be mature or whatever but honestly I am so in love with the Disney channel. I just got the new Hannah Montana soundtrack and it is so awesome. I downloaded Jesse McCartney’s new album and I am even more excited about that. I used to be overly obsessed with the boy band Dreamstreet when I was in middle school. Jesse was a part of that band so I have been attached ever since. My roommates and my boyfriend think I have serious problems but really I don’t think it is that weird. Some people love the History channel until they die, and I think it’s alright if I loved the Disney channel until I die. But back to Jesse McCartney, I am really, really excited that I got his album and I probably won’t be able to sleep tonight because I will be listening to it and trying to memorize all of the lyrics. I know I am pretty much the biggest dork ever…or at least on this campus but it’s alright."


Yeah....I know that was gay and you probably cannot believe that I actually turned that into a professor but really..it's just freshman seminar. You really can't take this class seriously, plus our teacher is nice. I'm sure she's laughing...hopefully anyway. Well yeah, that's about all that's new. Adios.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you..ur not a loser...UR IDIOT!! and i cant wait to see you soon...i miss you and the disney channel...

dreamstreet and otown for life yo. :)