Sunday, August 06, 2006

finger burns and airports

I felt like I had to write something today...or well..tonight I guess because my day was actually interesting. Well, not really but I wanted to express my new hatred for hair styling products. More specifically, the straightener. You see, I need a really hot one because I have wavy/curly hair that refuses to go straight unless under extreme heat. So i got this cool new one that goes to like 400 something degrees, and as I am using it today to get ready to go out to the store, what do I do? CLOSE IT ON MY LEFT HAND POINTER FINGER. Yeah, I guess it was my fault but come on, these things should come with labels "be careful of burning your fingers" who knows. But yeah so it's been killing me all night. It hurts like the dickens. The tip of my finger sort of looks plasticy...its kinda gross actually...ugh. Anyway,

The air conditioner broke in Hollywood Video. Usually it's really cold in there and feels pretty dang good compared to outside, but today it was like a sauna. I was about to faint. And my finger felt like it had a burning heart in it. Ouch. But then my Dad and I went next door to Harris Teeter, which is a common grocery store down in NC for those of you foreigners, and it was nice and cool. We got mint chocolate chip ice cream. Need I say more? Oh yeah, then an hour later we all went to the airport to pick up my brother's friend, Daniel. Seriously, there was no reason for me to go but I have an unusual love for airports. I like seeing all the different people going in and out the terminals, reuniting with friends and family, sleeping on couches, listening to ipods. I wonder where all of these people are from and where they are going. Is that weird? Whatever. So airports are cool. My finger hurts still, I should just go to sleep and save myself from feeling anymore pain. Tomorrow (today) is Sunday which means church. Fun stuff right there. I just don't like getting up early. Anyway I am rambling now so enough said. Goodnight.

No comments: